Wednesday, September 24, 2008

High School is a whole different world!

Don't get me wrong I love it and don't think I could go back now to middle school. The kids are so much more mature, focused & well behaved. It seems to be alot more work though. For example I was there until 7:30 tonight and still am not completely caught up! Oh well, at least I'm truly enjoying it alot more. The teachers are also great and I have a wonderful department as well. They are begging me to coach the JV basketball team but I am sticking to refing. I can set my own schedule, work less hours, have less hastle and actually make more money! Another thing I'm doing this year is I started a TARS (TeenAge Republicans) club on campus which is fun. The principal and the school as a whole seems to be very excited about it. We are actually doing a big push this Friday night at our first home football game as well as next week during lunches to get those eligible voters registered for the November election before next weeks deadline. We're also going to organize a debate and mock election for the entire student body. I'll keep you up to date on how those activities go. Finally as this blog is concerned I know many of you maintain blogs of your own so please send me the addresses so we can follow them and post the links here for everyone. Well I hope you all have a great weekend! We're off to Disney (again, man we love those passes!) to see a special sneek preview of the new tinker bell movie and so Reagan can meet Mulan. She has developed a recent obsession with Mulan so this will be a big day for her! We'll take photos and be sure to post them next week. I'll also try and post some more cheerleading photos tonight.

No comments: