Thursday, September 18, 2008

And the new calling is......

Ward mission leader. Which is actually exciting because I had a feeling since the bishop first told me he would be making changes that 's what it would be. The spirit was whispering to me all week new ideas and things that could be done in the ward with respect to missionary work. It was cool when the bishop told me because this is the first time I've ever really had such a strong feeling that I would be called to a certain position. The bishop is also very excited to be working closely with me and really wants to get the work going. I think we actually have been doing pretty well as we have had lots of baptisms over the past 2 & a half years we've been here but there is always room for improvement. I look forward to serving with the Elders as some of the sweetest spiritual experiences come through misionary work. Well Kylie has a game tonight so I'll try to get some pictures taken to post over the weekend. Finally all of you who are in my address book should have received an email from me last night about Obama. I don't normally get involved in political emails and I know it can be a touchy subject for many so I apalogize if I offended anyone but it was so shocking to me and I truly felt it had to be shared. I have heard of partial birth abortions (which I personally don't agree with) but this was way worse! On a happier note we love you all and hope you have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Awwww.... we love you too. It's so fun to read your blog and get the latest update with a click of a button, instead of having to wait until our next get together! Yay for Sorrough's with cute girls (and a hopeful boy on the way, that's how I voted anyway!) Chris, you'll be an awesome ward mission leader, I know this because you're an awesome member missionary!

Love ya all more than a fat kid loves cake!